Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Good Reason to Write


Wow, I have fallen WAY behind in my blogging. I came across this terrific poster on the web today and decided that it HAD to be shared. (It helps, of course, that it fits my wry sense of humor.) Well, I realized that a blog post would be the perfect way to do this.
One thing that I found myself repeating over and over in learning team meetings was "read more!" I know this is easier said than done, but it is working. I can tell. Students and families that are dedicated to the Book-in-a-Bag program are making huge improvements.
Lots of schools make a big deal out of Reading Month... and we've certainly acknowledged it. But EVERY month is Reading Month around here. Always has been. Always will be. And that's just one of the reasons why I think this is such a great school!

No comments: