Okay, so maybe "toy" isn't the right word, maybe "instructional tool," would be better...but we did get a new SMARTboard in our classroom this week. If you're not familiar with these, they are interactive whiteboards. It connects to a computer and a projector and basically turns the whiteboard into a touchscreen.
We're still experimenting with it as I figure out how best to use it, but we've already used it in poetry and math classes. The kids (and me) think it's pretty cool. Stay tuned for more updates on how we're putting it to use.
Just an update on this weekend's homework...we're back into most of our routines. POW is due tomorrow (Friday) and Slice of Life and Book in a Bag are due Monday. Also due Monday is a poem we started in class Wednesday called "This Place."
Some dates to remember...
- January 13: Camp money due
- January 14: Camp fundraiser pick-up
- January 15: NO SCHOOL
- January 18: NO SCHOOL
- January 21: Milestone 2 due (30 facts about interest project)
- January 28: Classroom spelling bee (study word guides went home today)
- February 3: Fifth grade spelling bee, 10:00 in gym
- February 8-10: Fifth grade camp (all students NOT going, must stay home)