Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Podcasts Available & More News

Either we have so much going on in the classroom that I'm forgetting to tell you it all or I'm just a lazy blogger...I'm going to vote for the first one.

Our newest podcasts from Social Studies class are available here: http://bcurran.podbean.com . The groups each reported about an article they had to read about a specific place or even in America. Sounds like the group learned some interesting facts to me. And they're getting pretty good at laying down music for their podcasts, too!

Also, we've started our Water project. We are learning about water issues in our community and region. We started by brainstorming what we know about water and why water is important to our state and region. This group of kids is really smart. When we have class discussions like the ones we've had to start this project, they continually amaze me with their thoughts and ideas and knowledge. It makes teaching fun. Stay tuned for more updates as we progress. We'll continue gathering information and will be deciding how to put together a final product to share with the other two classes we're working with. (One in California and one in KUWAIT!)

Okay, I think you're up to date. For now. I think.

No comments: