Sunday, April 10, 2011

Publication Celebration Report

Friday's Publication Celebration was, in my humble opinion, a huge success. Hopefully you saw the "chapbook" of their stories. Everyone got one to take home. And hopefully you heard about how fun it was to eat a bunch of deliciously healthy fruit. (Except cantaloupe. I did not know they aren't big on cantaloupe.)

Special thanks to all who sent in donations (especially first grade teacher Mr. Kefgen, who donated an entire fruit tray as a way of thanking us for helping his students with their reading project in March--read more and see photos HERE) and to Keturah's family who stopped by to enjoy the food and the tall tale readings given by many of the students. 

My camera battery died early on, so I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of everyone. But here are the shots I did take--mostly of the children acting silly while stuffing their faces:








No comments: