Thursday, September 29, 2011

New This Year: Ten Marks

Ten Marks is a pretty awesome website I learned about recently. It's a way for students to practice math concepts, but it's interactive!

Here's how it works: I create an assignment for them and then they complete it. But it's a little more interesting than that, because Ten Marks provides hints along the way if they need them and video tutorials, too!

I think this will be a great way to support their learning, and I'm working it into our math sessions every day. My goal is to have students using it at least 3 times per week.

For right now, it's just for using at school. If they start using it at home, they'll get to the point where they run out of assignments to do and I don't want that yet. If you want to work on something extra at home, practice math facts! (They are all a little rusty especially in multiplication and division, but addition and subtraction need help, too!!!)


No comments: