Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2 Things I Don't Do Well

The original title of this post was simply "Things I Don't Do Well." But that would have been a pretty long list! So I cut it to two. You might not have heard of a teacher writing about something like this before; I guess I'm just different like that! :) I will say that I realized I needed to write this post when I saw that I had 3 voicemails on my phone I hadn't even listened to and when a parent (you know who you are!) had to ask me about 45 times to send an extra worksheet home.

We all have things we struggle with and things we're working to improve. As a teacher, NOT trying to get better in these areas would be a disservice to you and your children. So, I try to continually figure out what I could do a better job of...and then try to do a better job with that.

Here's 2...

1. Setting stuff down and forgetting where I put it.
What the heck? Why does this keep happening? I really need a better system. Until then, I'm blaming the new classroom. I'm just not used to it yet. In the old room, there was one spot where everything went. That way, I always knew where everything was. I guess I need that in this room, too. And if I stopped blaming my new classroom that might help, too. If I've ever been late sending notes home or returning papers, this is probably the reason. I set it somewhere and then forgot where it went. I'll work on it, I promise.

2. Returning phone calls.
Ummm...yea. One VERY patient parent (you know who you are! In fact you're the same person I mentioned above!!!) called twice and I never called her back. Not cool, Mr. Curran! (She's such a nice person, she never even gave me grief about it. Bless her heart.) I've GOT to do a better job, and I will, I promise. Call me anytime you have a question. Test me out, just to see if I'm doing what I said I would! If I've ever not returned your phone call in a timely manner, please accept my apology. It's not a very good thing to do, I realize that. I WILL do a better job in the future.

That's enough for now. Thanks for listening! And thanks for reading.

No comments: