- Completed personal narrative, personal essay, Tall Tale, and (almost) persuasive essay writing projects.
- Finished six units of our Everyday Math program.
- Successfully integrated technology into our curriculum--students created powerpoint presentations, edited their own personal wiki pages, and designed podcasts.
- Helped to start a school-wide paper recycling program that has been ridiculously successful.
- Completed first trimester Exhibitions and pushed forward on their second.
- Witnessed the swearing in of the first African American president.
- and much, much more!
What might stand out most to me is their increasing enthusiasm for learning. They have become much more dedicated to their work. And they all seem to love coming to school. I couldn't be happier about this.
The next five months will hold great things, too. We continue to press forward in all subjects, with a keen eye focused on the upcoming Exhibitions. Exhibition Week begins February 23. Checklists went home Friday, so it's time to get started. Be sure to ask questions if you have them. Of course, I'll be posting more on this topic as we go along. So stay glued to the blog! And get ready for a terrific second half.