- AUTHOR JOINS BOOK CLUB!
- We got an email this week from Kate Klise, the author of the book we're reading aloud for our online book club. She wanted to say hi to all the classes and thank us for reading and enjoying her book. I thought this was pretty awesome, to say the least. One of the teachers that's participating met Klise when she visited their school in Texas. So she sent her an email to tell her about us and maybe we'll even be able to Skype with her or something like that. Pretty cool.
- In other online book club news, there's lots happening on Edmodo...please encourage your child to log on this weekend and add to the discussion.
- Finally, we put together a podcast this week making predictions about the book. Have a listen:
- BEST POETRY WEDNESDAY EVER!
I saw something this week and decided that we absolutely had to write poems about it...
Not sure if you can tell or not, but that's a hat. On the roof of our school. So our poetry challenge this Wednesday was to write a poem from the point of view of the hat. In other words, the poem should tell the hat's story in the hat's voice.
I think this makes for quite a challenge but then I did something to make it even more difficult...students have to write at least 6 different drafts of their poem. We're practicing revision so I want them to really think about how to change and improve their poem. They'll turn in those as well as a seventh and final draft to me next week. This is due Friday, February 4.
- GLOGS DUE MONDAY!
We worked on these in school today, but some students may need to finish them up at home this weekend.
I've posted these again, but it might help to post them again:
- Sample Glog for this Project: http://curran302.edu.glogster.com/maze-of-bones/
- Link to the instruction sheet for this Project: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1yYLL6kSp_8jHn-bOjWYEhyVg0xz4JRcwh_er0HKQnN0
- Link to Glogster tutorial video: http://mrcurran.blogspot.com/2011/01/glogster-help.html
- Nicknames & Passwords to Glogster can be found in Google Docs
- FINAL NOTES
- Critique of the Week is due Monday. This will be the last Critique of the Week for a little while. We'll be starting a new technology & writing project in February and that will become the weekly writing homework for the next few weeks. Stay tuned for details.
- Milestone 3 is due Thursday, February 17. For this milestone their INTEREST PROJECT must be completed. You decide what form it will take, but their needs to be visual aids involved. Choices include PowerPoint (like last time, although I won't be working on it during school now that they know how to make one on Google Docs), poster, tri-fold board, etc. I'll definitely send more home about this in the next week or so.