Thursday, January 6, 2011

Introducing the Critique of the Week

As mentioned in the note that went home yesterday, Slice of Life stories are no longer required...they have been replaced by the...wait for it...Critique of the Week. Each Monday, students must turn in a critique of something--a restaurant, a game, a CD, a movie, a TV show, a book, etc.

They are required to turn in a final draft, just like with the Slice of Life stories. If they don't want to turn in a written copy, they can post their final draft to Edmodo.

I taught them how to write one today using an outline form. Here is a copy of it:

Critique Planner



I also wrote one of my own and posted it to Edmodo. I think reading it and using it as a guide will help them (and you) a lot.

I'm looking forward to reading their first critiques on Monday!


No comments: