Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Fond Farewell

I really thought that the promotion ceremony was wonderful. Thanks to all of you for coming and thanks for your kind words during our goodbyes at the end. I certainly couldn't have made it through the last two years without you. I mentioned this to some of you already, but it bears repeating: just because your child leaves my class, don't think that they're no longer my student. Once a student of mine, always a student of mine. What I mean to say is if there's ever anything that you or they need, don't hesitate to get in touch. You know where to find me.

Here are a couple of parting gifts that I promised, a summer reading list and a guide to some technology tools...



A couple parents also asked about some projects that could be worked on at home this summer. Not sure if this helps, but you might want to look at webquests, which are online research projects. Use THIS LINK and then scroll down to use the "Curriculum x Grade Level Matrix" to pick a subject and grade level. Webquests are usually designed for groups of students, but you can probably adapt them to fit your needs. This also might be good for future Exhibition ideas, maybe.

Thanks again, and have a great summer!

No comments: