Saturday, June 4, 2011

Where in the World is Mr. Curran?

I pride myself on the fact that I blog on a very regular basis. However, lately...ummm...yea, not so much. The end of the year is always tricky when it comes to time management, but this year takes the cake. By "take the cake" what I mean is this: I've been really struggling to manage time, get everything done, and get students ready for exhibitions.

Why after over 10 years of teaching is this year so challenging? Not sure, exactly. But please know that even though I haven't been keeping up with my blogging, the students and I have been working very, very hard in the classroom. Whether it was prepping for authors' night and the Poetry Cafe or trying to get our last writing project done or prepping for Exhibitions or completing the 3-week Amazing Race project or starting to film our Newbery movies or working on a comic-writing and drawing project or finishing our Great Lakes collaborative project with schools in California and Kuwait or having a Skype game show with a school in Anchor Bay or...you get the point. It's been busy.

So fear not. We ARE working hard. And we will continue to work hard, right up until the final minute of the final day of school. There will be no slacking in Room 302. We've got a lot to do and we're going to get it done.

So I'll try to keep you more informed in these last two weeks. Stay tuned for blog posts about the aforementioned Amazing Race project which was, in a word, amazing; the Newbery movies; our final Publication Celebration for our Keepsake stories which will be held the last week of school; field day ($5 is due next Friday for this); and much, much more.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: