Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Enrichment Project Opportunity

One of my personal goals is that all students in my class feel challenged. There are a number of students in my classroom that could use an extra "push" in this area. However, I don't want them just doing extra worksheets or busy work or anything like that. I want them engaged in meaningful learning that challenges them and builds important skills.

So, starting this month and continuing on into fifth grade every other month or so, I'd like to offer an Enrichment Project.

This month's project will involve extra research about the state of Michigan, followed by practice writing notes in the student's own words, and the creation of a movie that we'll send to a classroom in Oregon to teach them about our state. It will involve a commitment to complete extra work at home (particularly during Spring Break) and maybe even during some lunch periods.

If you would like your child to receive a little more of a challenge and would like me to include them in this extra project, please fill out this form below. I will get them instruction sheets and familiarize them with what to do before the break so they can work on the first stages of the project during our week off.

I understand that all families are busy (I know my own is!) so if you aren't able to commit to this project, there will be more to participate in in the future.

Thanks and be sure to contact me with any questions you have.

No comments: