Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Down On the Farm

I'm attempting to start our "class jobs" this week. We'll have to see how that goes. Students are working in one of four teams:


  • Global Collaboration Team
  • Society Contribution Team
  • Learning Documentary Production Team
  • Research Team
If you click the link "Our Digital Learning Farm" at the top of the blog homepage, you'll see a description. And be sure to ask your child what team they're on and what they worked on today. I tried my best to explain our goals to them--hopefully they understood. But after we work on these things for a week or so, I'm sure they'll pick up on it quickly.

What's the purpose of these teams? First of all, they are part of our "Going Global" theme...they help us connect our classroom to the outside world. Also, they are great, I think, for building teamwork and cooperation skills. The groups really have to work together and get along to get their jobs done. This might be the most important thing about the jobs!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: