Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Problem of the Week and Other Stuff

This week's POW was sent home today. It's a little tricky and it's due FRIDAY. I gave them some help with it at the end of the day, so they should be able to figure it out.

Also, the field trip to Ford Field is next week on Tuesday. We'll leave first thing in the morning and get back by lunchtime. Please have them wear a red shirt (if possible--t-shirts are okay--but no print on them unless they are UPA shirts) and gym shoes. To be honest, I am not sure exactly what we're doing, but I know it centers around physical fitness and healthy living.

I posted a challenge for students using Edmodo. Have them check  it out--I asked them to post a question to one of the people that wrote a Slice of Life story online. I'm hoping to use Edmodo to encourage thoughtful "conversations."

Speaking of Slife of Life stories, the ones turned in this week were excellent. I returned them and last week's POW and Book in a Bag sheets today. Please check them out and read my comments. Math quizzes from last week will come home tomorrow.

No comments: