Monday, November 15, 2010

Book-in-a-Bag Under Review

We will not be having Book-in-a-Bag reading logs until after Exhibitions. This doesn't mean I don't want students to keep reading...of course I do. But they don't have to fill out a sheet until after Exhibition Week.

I am currently thinking of re-inventing Book-in-a-Bag in some way. I'm not having much luck getting students to turn in their sheets. I think I'm averaging about 7 turned in per week. One reason for this is because they do a lot of reading already at school. Another might be that they don't really have a need to read these books. It's just kind of extra work. Whatever the reason, I'm going to try to come up with a weekly reading assignment that will do more to improve their reading skills and one that will catch their interest a little bit more.

So, just to be clear, Book-in-a-Bag is suspended indefinitely. It will reappear in a better format in December! Please encourage your children to keep reading in the mean time. Thanks so much.

No comments: