Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Countdown is On

As Exhibition Week approaches, things always get a little crazy in my classroom. Ungraded papers pile up, waiting for attention. The room gets a little messy. I'm rarely sitting down or standing still. It's hectic, to say the least.

But that's okay. My main focus in the weeks leading up to Exhibitions is making sure students are prepared. I really want to help students give the best presentations possible. I want them to feel successful and proud of their work. So I try to put as much effort as I possibly can into getting them ready. And I think it will pay off. I can't remember which parent I said this to the other day, but it's true: I feel more prepared for these Exhibitions than any that I can remember. Usually it feels very last minute, but somehow we're getting a lot of stuff done well in advance of the presentations. I feel like we're right on schedule.

Anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Exhibitions are very important to me and if you feel confused or troubled by anything--please let me know. I definitely want to do whatever it takes to help you feel prepared. This is a team effort, for sure, and you are important parts of that team. Keep practicing at home and, if you do have any questions, be sure to stop by in the morning (I'm usually here by 8:00) or give a phone call or send an email.

By the way, my uprep email is currently down, so if you need to contact me, do so through the blog or by emailing bucurran812 at gmail dot com. Thanks!

No comments: