Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thank You

Parents, I have so many things to thank you for, but for now I'll focus on just one...your Scholastic Book Club orders...

One of the things I love is new books. Yes, I love to read and so I love new books for myself, but even more than that I love new books for my classroom library. New books get kids so excited and when they're excited about reading it makes me happy in ways that words can't describe.

Unfortunately, I am not rich. (I know this comes as a shock.) And therefore I can't afford to constantly buy new books for either myself or my classroom library. That's why I love Scholastic Book Clubs so much. When a handful of families by a few books, I get a few for the classroom. And the more you buy, the more I get.

Because so many of you purchased books this past week, I was able to order THIRTY books...for FREE! Some of these will find a home in our classroom library so that students will be able to enjoy them for years to come. And some of them will be used for the new weekly reading assignments that will replace Book-in-a-Bag.

So a huge thank-you goes out to all of you who ordered this time around and to all of you who have ordered in the past and to those who will order in the future. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

No comments: