Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More on the Virtual Field Trip

I am really trying to push students to work on this project independently at home because there just isn't much class time left to get it done before Exhibition week. I'm crossing my fingers that we won't have to put it off until third trimester.

Here are a couple of links that also might help with research:
  • www.Earth.org
  • www.wikitravel.org
I haven't used the first one much, but I really like wikitravel.org a lot. Just do a search for your location and they have tons of info. Especially helpful are the "See" and "Do" sections for each city or country. Lots of links to click on there and lots of info for note-taking.

Also, I created a sample project. My virtual field trip is to India. It can be found here. I tried to include a lot of images. The more images the project has, the better.

Finally, I have created a checklist for this project. MOST of the work will be done at school, especially the set up of the wiki pages, but more motivated students (and parents) can use this checklist for a head start. Let me know if you have any questions.


No comments: